If you enjoy working with a team people to overcome challenges and win then you will enjoy working at NCC. We are looking for smart people with matching values to become part of the team. We are growing and need more great people who want to work hard to build something worthy that will stand he test of time.
NCC is a 34-year-old company that provides integrated solutions for food and consumer products manufacturers. Most of the core business at NCC focuses on Turnkey Systems consisting of pre-engineered and/or customized conveyor solutions with controls and installation services. We also design and build complete packaging lines, develop custom conveyance solutions, and provide engineering services. We are vertically integrated with manufacturing capabilities, welding, control panel building, wiring, and a modern, clean facility designed for full FAT’s. This is a strong and stable business with steady calculated growth.
We are a unique company with an extremely strong culture and sense of ownership. The following 5 values drive all of us every day in all our decisions and actions.
- It takes a Village – we are here for each other
- We are Warriors – we fight until we make it happen
- Life is Short – we choose to have a positive attitude and have fun
- We are Brave – we try new things and strive to be great
- OwnIt – we embrace responsibility and take pride in all we do
People that fit those core values love working at NCC (recently selected as one of The Philadelphia Inquirers Top Businesses to work) and the culture is truly unmatched.
Job Title: Technical Buyer
Location: Souderton, PA
Department: Supply Chain
Reports to: Senior Buyer
Duties and Job Responsibilities
- Identify opportunities for increased purchasing efficiency that are aligned with the organization’s goals
- Prepare and process purchase orders, contracts, and requisitions for materials.
- Manage relationships with key suppliers to maintain quality of goods and lead times.
- Ability to read technical documents and drawings, to source product and communicate with suppliers.
- Liaison with engineering and manufacturing groups on product specifications
- Create, and compare RFQ's from vendors to determine best solution for the business.
- Work with suppliers to expedite when needed
- Ownership of related ERP information.
- Aid in supplier reviews
- KPI responsibilities
- Aid in vendor negotiations
- Cost savings initiatives
- Work with subcontract manufacturers
- Ensure all applicable regulatory standards are met with regards to loss prevention, accident investigation, OSHA compliance.
- Works with team members to actively improve safety of the plant.
- Ensures that workshop area is clean, organized, and free of dangerous or hazardous material.
- Ensure safety action items are completed accurately and timely.
- Participates in CI initiatives and activities. (5S events, Kaizen events, weekly CIP meetings, Root Cause Investigations, and improvement projects)
- Work with team members to provide input to improve process and workspaces.
- Supply Chain background in manufacturing. Experience in ETO a plus.
- Problem-Solving/Analytical mindset
- Detail oriented and organized
- Ability to work in a team and across different departments
- Microsoft Office
- Ability to manage and analyze large volumes of data
- Good verbal and written communication
- Ability to manage multiple priorities to achieve success
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working with engineering drawings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business Management, or Engineering
- 3-5 years of procurement/purchasing experience
- Experience working in a manufacturing project-oriented environment
- Experience with Global Shop ERP system
- Hands on Lean Manufacturing Experience
If you would like to apply please submit a resume through the Apply Now section at the top right or send an email with resume to Resume Submittal for Technical Buyer