Machine Operator (Entry Level)
Why is this position important?
The Machine Operator will be responsible for performing various tasks to set up, operate, monitor, troubleshoot
and perform preventive maintenance on our CNC and manual machines. The Machine Operator will also be
responsible for inspecting parts to specifications and adjust as required, or tool changes as necessary to maintain
The Machine Operator Sets up and operates a production machine in accordance with established procedures and
guidelines. Reads and interprets blueprints and diagrams to select, position and secure machinery. Adjusts machine
settings to complete tasks accurately, according to specifications and in a timely fashion.
This position will also support the fabrication department to perform tasks such as deburring, drilling and tapping
and other operations to support the workflow of the department. The Machine Operator will report to the
Fabrication Team Leader.
- Comprehends 2D mechanical drawings exported from 3D SolidWorks models. Understands orthographic projections to construct the assemblies.
- Program zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math and geometry.
- Sets-up mills and lathes by installing tools, attachments, collets, bushings and stops.
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to international standards.
- Maintains specifications by taking measurements, adjusting controls; replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Knowledge of Windows 10 and MS Office
- Keep individual work area and overall clean and neat.
- Machine operation and setup
- Part inspection to ensure specifications and quality are achieved
- Collaborates well in a team environment
- Attentive to detail
- The ability to follow instructions and work independently to perform given tasks
- Body Movements – the amount of time spent performing each physical requirement
- Occasional: 1/3 or less
- Frequent: 1/3 to 2/3
- Continuous: 2/3 or more
- Standing: Frequent
- Walking: Frequent
- Sitting: Frequent
- Lifting: Occasional to Frequent (ability to lift 50lbs+)
- Carrying: Occasional
- Twisting and Turning: Occasional
- Reaching: Frequent
- Bending: Occasional
- Pushing/Pulling: Occasional
- Hand Movement: Manual dexterity
Submit your resume now to apply for this position.