When designing a conveyor line, it’s crucial for your criteria to go into exhaustive detail. Checking every box is key to avoiding negative impacts down the road.
Not sure what you’re forgetting? Here are a few examples of factors end users routinely fail to consider when reviewing designs:
- How is the line going to operate?
- What is the end-to-end product handling process?
- What happens if a line stops? How will this impact the rest of the equipment?
- Where does the conveyor line need accumulation between machines?
- How will operators clear the line?
- How quickly can our operators get to these points?
As happens often, the devil’s in the details. Keep these points in mind when evaluating a conveyor system design.