NCC’s Alpine Conveyor boasts a host of potential applications and can be used in a number of circumstances, but we’ve found that it’s best in manufacturing facilities that need solutions to do these four things:
Convey product to another elevation in a compact space using a gentle slope
Move product is too fragile or unstable to be vertically conveyed using a “pinching” mechanism
Accumulate or buffer products in a compact space
Keep efficiency high and avoid bottlenecks during product accumulation and transfer
Here’s how the Alpine Conveyor meets these needs.
Elevate or lower products in a compact space
Using a gentle slope, the Alpine Conveyor is built to accommodate vertical product transfer in tight spaces. This allows you to maximize vertical space when floor space is limited. For products that need a shallow incline, the system can be configured to add more serpentine layers to adequately accommodate this need. Note that due to the general long total length of Alpines, they typically require the use of wheel bend corners. This limits available conveyor widths to 65, 85, 105 and 150 mm due to the diameter restrictions of the wheels.
Convey vertically without grabbing the product or container
Some other solutions for vertical conveying require the product to be pinched or grabbed during the process. For products or containers that are more fragile or that cannot be conveyed in this manner, the Alpine Conveyor is a great solution. The conveying medium is configurable, so even for products that might slip on a traditional belt, a different, higher friction material can be substituted.
Compact solution for product accumulation/buffering
A great use-case for the Alpine Conveyor is as a vertical accumulation or buffering solution. Rather than using valuable floor space for accumulating in a jug handle or other more cumbersome buffering zone, the Alpine Conveyor intelligently uses vertical space to:
- handle products merging from one process to another, potentially slower process,
- give products time to cool, dry, or cure, and
- reduce the effects of machinery failures. It will accumulate the products from an upstream machine while the downstream machine in the line is being repaired or adjusted.
Avoid bottlenecks during product accumulation and transfer
The Alpine Conveyor keeps a constant sequence while buffering or accumulating products. Its quick transfer capabilities ensure the efficient utilization of machines with different speeds. A simple merge or divert mechanism quickly brings the Alpine into off-line configurations, while in-line configurations simply integrate with the Alpine Conveyor for necessary product accumulation.
About NCC and the Alpine Conveyor line, FlexMove
The Alpine Conveyor is one of many in the FlexMove line, a series of high performance, aluminum, flexible chain conveyors that we at NCC can integrate into any automation system. We are leaders in the United States in integrating this unique line into automation systems, particularly for those in the food packaging and medical equipment manufacturing industries. This product line is:
- Configurable: As a modular single conveyor or entire system, the conveyors and system configurations available make the FlexMove series ideal for semi-custom/configurable designs needed in any manufacturing facility.
- Compact: These conveyors can be configured to meet any space restrictions, including bending around tight corners.
- Convenient: FlexMove conveyors can be easily integrated into existing automation systems or an entire FlexMove system.
Call NCC at (215) 721-1900 to learn more about the Alpine Conveyor, or download our brochure on this product line today. We look forward to hearing from you!
Leave a Comment